I have been building and deploying Azure functions at work and it is really exciting.
However, due to the time constraints, we often have to learn just enough to build the solution. And this makes me sad 😢 because I like learning things in depth and understanding every detail.
So my solution was to create a tutorial with information to help anyone understand Azure Functions.
So I created a github repository just for this. The README has all the details, that I would otherwise have put in here. But because it is easier for someone to get all the information about the project with its source code, I chose to keep the actual steps in github.
It is still a work in progress as there is more to come.
What I have there now:
- Creating a function from Visual studio
- Publishing the function to Azure using Visual Studio
Next, I would like to show you how to:
- Configure application insights
- Configure azure storage account
- Create a Azure storage queue to output something from this function
- Store credentials the right way
- Finally create a build and deploy pipeline that will automatically deploy this function
Hoping to make good use of my time after work, in the coming days.